1) Write a Love Limerick with the one you love. You write the first line, they write the second line, and so on and so forth. Fun to do with your children. Post each one on your refrigerator...or send them as Valentines.
2) Make a play list of nothing but Love Songs. Include the silly ("I Think I Love You" - The Partridge Family"), the sexy ("I Feel Love" - Donna Summer), and the sentimental ("Something Stupid" - Frank Sinatra).
3) Randomly and anonymously draw hearts (with your fingers-Not markers) on cars that are dusty/dirty. Show everyone LOVE.
4) Make homemade Valentines. Pretend you are in kindergarten again...use macaroni, glitter, pompoms, popsicle sticks (only after eating the popsicles), tempera paint and tissue paper. Experience the "inner-child". Be silly. Warning: this will lead to a great desire for play-doh, silly putty, and cracker-jax.
5) Get a Tattoo. Maybe not a real one...perhaps a Henna that is temporary. Or do what I did...use a Sharpie (may not be the healthiest - but it comes off with baby oil). Draw a heart with special initials or write a note. Place it somewhere visible (or only visible on special occasions...)!
6) Start collecting something you love. Be obsessive. Perhaps its silverware with monograms engraved, vintage books with shredded covers, broken rhinestone brooches. Set a challenge...no more than $3. Then group them all together in a display and take a photograph. Post this obsession on your blog!
7) Write a Love List: reasons why you love your daughter...your mother...your 6" platform heels (NOT!). Listing the reasons has a trigger effect on your memories, the sweet, endearing side of things. "I love the way you squish up your nose when you are thinking hard"...."I love that you always put the toilet seat down"..."I love the way you make me feel when I'm having a hard day". Keep the list and peek at it every now and again.
8) Make out with your honey in the car. No need to go to the drive-in! Try the drive-way! LOL!
9) Treat yourself to a new bra. Get properly fitted (boobies change over the course of time). Maybe indulge in some matching panties, too.
10) Send flowers to your man. Make them extra frilly (pink or red - depending on your mood). Include a juicy note!
10) Doodle hearts all over your bills. Even though you don't really love them...
11) It's all about LOVE. Make heart-shaped sandwiches and bring them to work for lunch(your co-workers will wonder what you're up to!). Use heart-shaped cookie-cutters to shape pre-made pie dough. Bake. Fill with chocolate pudding and top with whipped-cream...ala dessert for the family! Give away those little heart-shaped candy boxes. Just like a youngster, write the "TO" and "FROM" names on the back of the box. Hand them out to those who LEAST expect it...they will find the LOVE.
12) Leave random love notes for your children or husband (wife if a man is reading this) in unexpected places: the inside of their shoes, coat pockets, in between a closed cell phone, written in dry-erase marker on the bathroom mirror, with a Sharpie marker on the mini bag of chips tucked into their lunch box. No need to write a book...short & sweet can say it all.
13) Instead of Valentines Dinner...have Valentines Breakfast (in bed). French toast covered in strawberries, whipped cream, and confectioners sugar (syrup, too)...Canteloupe with a scoop of vanilla ice cream inside...Mimosa's! Don't forget the "Do Not Disturb" sign on your bedroom door.
14) Take pictures of LOVE - take pictures of things that are heart-shaped. A "heart" drawn in the snow, bare twigs laid out in the shape of a heart, the finger-print heart drawn on a dirty car (from another step in this list).
15) Send out children's Valentines to all your girlfriends. Super-impose their photo over the face on the Valentine. Add google-eyes for fun. Write with your other hand (to look like a childs writing). Don't forget to kiss the back of the envelope ~ SWAK!