1. Watch old classics: "Miracle on 34th Street"..."It's a Wonderful Life"..."How the Grinch Stole Christmas".
2. Wrap presents and tie springs from your tree to the top. Add glitter to the tips of the pine needles.
3. Hang Christmas lights outside, but concentrate them on just one tree, or one fence, or the pillars of your house. Make a huge statement in a small area.
4. Go to midnight Mass.
5. Have Christmas breakfast instead of dinner. Bake a ham (covered in molasses and brown sugar) and use it in Eggs Benedict. Use the leftovers for Christmas lunch.
6. Wear jingle bells tied to your shoelaces or the zippers on your boots. Tie some to your kitty or puppy collars.
7. Play Christmas music for 24 hours straight. Some radio stations do this, or download great holiday albums from iTunes.
8. Play reindeer games.
9. Be an artist. Paint a portrait of Santa (even if you've never painted before). Hang it.
10. Buy $5 Gift Cards (ie: Starbucks, McDonalds, Safeway) and hand them out randomly. Write "Be Merry" on the envelope.
11. Save all your wrapping paper and use it in collage. Maybe make family collages on Christmas night (while listening to Christmas music).
12. Photograph your holiday in black & white.
13. Share your best Christmas memories at dinner. Go around the table and each person tell their story.
14. Leave fresh cookies for Santa. Don't forget carrots for the reindeer.
15. Make up new words to a Christmas song (such as Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer or The Twelve Days of Christmas).
16. Put a tiny Christmas Tree in every room. Always have an angel or star on top.
17. Use a rubber stamp to embellish festive napkins for cocktails or dinner.
18. Try egg nog for the first time. Spiked or not spiked.
19. Smile and wish everyone you pass by "Happy Holidays"!
20. Sit on Santa's lap. Have a picture taken. Make sure to tell Santa what you want for Christmas. Do it every year.
21. Sprinkle red & green sprinkles on the whipped cream of your hot chocolate or pumpkin pie.
22. Go caroling.
23. Write Thank You notes for gifts you received before you use your gift.
24. Go to the Day After Christmas Sales. Buy socks and coats and blankets. Donate them to a local shelter.
25. Believe in Santa.
Wishing you and yours the merriest of holidays...
Merry ~ Happy