I know...I know...it's been a while since I have blogged. Shame on me. But it's not for lack of things to say! For instance...I have just spent the past couple of months meeting some of the most amazing women (and one man!) while giving Workshops in my studio and elsewhere. It humbles me that so many of you want to learn from me...and I am thrilled that I can share my tips and tricks so you may go forth and create.
But better still...I never knew the world could be filled with such generous beings, such kind souls, such artistic, talented girls! I've heard that I inspire you...thank you from the bottom of my heart for the enormous compliment. But really...you inspire me! I am excited to meet you at the beginning of the workshop...and wish we could stay and play all night long (sometimes we do!). And even though my body is exhausted at the end...my mind is refueled and ready to go!
Words cannot express how much I appreciate every moment...and I cannot thank you enough for sharing in the creative process with me.
Planning my 2009 Workshop agenda has been quite the event! I over-did it this year and have decided to set Summer 2009 aside for family and hibernation (yes...I usually hibernate in the winter...but will reschedule it for summer!!!).
So, my Workshop Schedule has been finalized for the next 12 months. This includes a special international trip to Bali in April 2009, my favorite Art & Soul Retreats in Hampton, Asilomar and Portland, and just a few Studio Workshops here in Portland including one just before Christmas and one just before Valentines Day! The Studio Workshops are for groups of 10 only...and I've even been thinking of making them smaller still. They are the best, as I don't have to pack for it (meaning everything that is needed is already there!), and Stinky and Lucy enjoy the company! Even Joseph (the wild blue bird) makes a special appearance when he sees lots of girls around! His peanut cup runneth over!
I thought I would share some things I've learned while traveling for Workshops...enjoy! (Dave...beat this Top 10!)
1) You can have 50,000 airline miles...but they don't matter if they are on different airlines.
2) TSA will surely go through all your bags "just because". It's time to start making art from all the TSA inspection tags they leave inside the luggage.
3) Beware when you are staying in a hotel room next to the office and there is a hole in the connecting wall (Hello Norman Bates)!!
4) It's a rule to validate your BART ticket when you commence your train ride or you will get in trouble.
5) Sometimes hotels charge you $1000 more than they were supposed to. Then they want to use YOUR cell phone to call the bank and fix it.
6) Popcorn clouds look as yummy from 35,000 feet as they do from the ground.
7) Southwest airlines doesn't "track" luggage. Those numbers mean nothing. But they have fun PA announcements.
8) At some airports you need a rental car to get to the rental car center...lugging 4 suitcases on and off buses is no picnic.
9) When colored chalks break and get shaken up...they make black.
10) Ordering a Chocolate Sundae and Lemon Drop from Room Service is divine.
Hope to see you at a workshop in the future! Until then...Happy Creating!